<$BlogRSDURL$>
The Velvet Garrote
Friday, March 03, 2006
  WHITE LINE FEVER :: Cami Park


Tell me your story.

The night is long. The road unspools before you like dark ribbon. There is no hurry. There is time to say all that needs to be said and do all that needs to be done.

Tell me your story.

I'm here with you, but you don't know it. You feel me like a discordant lullaby, as distant and persistent as the wax paper moon stuck to your windshield. I'm not going anywhere. I won't go anywhere.

Tell me your story. Sing it. Whisper it. Shout it.

It doesn't have to be perfect. I crave the imperfect. Tell me what's buried there under the refuse-- the booze, the pills, the condoms, and all the other souvenirs of the misbegotten piled against a truth so ugly it's beautiful, but it hurts, it fucking hurts so much.

Tell me. Make it hurt.

I want to crawl into your junk heap soul, burrow like a maggot through the vomit, rotten TV guides and bad checks. When I get to the core of you, I will feed, nourish myself on what ruined you, what made you fit for this world and unfit for me and my night. I will never leave you.

Drive.

BIO: Cami Park's work can be found in publications such as Smokelong Quarterly, Outsider Ink, No Tell Motel, Opium Magazine, Forklift, Ohio, and Ghoti Magazine.

 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Vicky said...

Wow. This is really powerful. Very, very good.

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

An E-Zine for the Unafraid


SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Email submissions to: velvetgarrote AT yahoo DOT com
We pay $5 (via PayPal) upon publication.
We prefer you provide your own artwork, but it's not required.
All work must be your own. You must own all rights.
Other than that, there are no rules.

©2006 The Velvet Garrote and Contributors


PREVIOUS POSTS


LINKS
Underground Voices
Four Hour Hard On
Cafe Irreal
Lampshade
Blood Cookies
The Dream People
Dark Half
Planet Magazine
DISPATCH
The Horror Library
Clean Sheets
Exquisite Corpse
edifice wrecked
Riley Dog
FRIGG Magazine
Potion
Tattoo Highway
Dark Recesses Press
New Pages




Google
Web velvetgarrote.blogspot.com

Powered by Blogger